The 4-th Conference “Statistical Physics: Modern Trends and Applications” will be held on July 3–6, 2012, in Lviv, Ukraine. This Conference continues a tradition of the regular international meetings in the statistical physics in Ukraine, established in the 1970-ies and renewed by “Statistical Physics” (Lviv, 2005), (Kharkiv, 2006) and (Lviv, 2009).
The 4-th Conference “Statistical Physics: Modern Trends and Applications” is organized by the Institute for Condensed Matter Physics (Lviv, Ukraine) and is dedicated to the 140-th anniversary of Marian Smoluchowski, whose scientific activity was closely related to Lviv University, where he worked since 1899 and held the chair of theoretical physics in 1903-1913.
The Conference will consist of invited lectures (40 min.), contributed talks (20 min.) and poster presentations. Official language of the Conference is English.
- Colloids and soft matter theory
- Fluctuations and cooperative phenomena
- Stochastic processes and non-equilibrium phenomena
- Quantum many-particle systems
- Exotic problems of statistical physics
List of Invited Speakers
- Z.Burda (Krakow, Poland)
- I.Eliazar (Holon, Israel)
- J.Freericks (Washington, USA)
- P.Hänggi (Augsburg, Germany)
- R.Kenna (Coventry, United Kingdom)
- J.Kertesz (Budapest, Hungary)
- С.Mejia-Monasterio (Madrid, Spain)
- I.Procaccia, (Rehovot, Israel)
- T.Renger (Linz, Austria)
- W.Schirmacher (Mainz, Germany)
- M.Schmidt (Bayreuth, Germany)
- G.Szamel (Boulder, USA)
- C.Vega (Madrid, Spain)
- A.Zagorodny (Kyiv, Ukraine)
Carpathian Hiking Tour
To commemorate Marian Smoluchowski, who had mountain climbing as one of his passions and to continue tradition initiated already at Statphys’2009 in Lviv we plan to arrange a two day tour to the Carpathian mountains. Participants will be accommodated in a tourist hotel, hiking tours in the mountains will be organized. We plan to depart on Saturday, July 7th (the next day after the conference closing) and to be back to Lviv on Sunday evening, July 8th. Those who want to join the tour may find more detailed information here.